“Toolbox for research”- course for PhD.’s: Academic Information Searching, Publishing and Management (AISPM)
16.04.2018 kl. 09.00 - 17.04.2018 kl. 15.00
This 2-day course provides you with skills and knowledge within a wide range of areas useful during your PhD studies. The objective of the course is to facilitate your entrance into the world of academic research, so it is recommended that you join in when starting your PhD.
The course will cover these essential areas:
- Searching for, evaluating and organising information from scientific databases for your thesis
- Research evaluation – what does research evaluation entail, and how research is measured?
- Publication strategy - how to increase visibility and searchability of a publication in databases through well-informed choices and tools?
- Research visibility, networking, and profiling
- The issues of research data management, research ethics, and copyright for researchers are also included in the course.
The course is a “toolbox for research”-course with a mix of presentations and hands-on exercises, either working on your own focusing on your own PhD-project or in small groups with a shared focus.
If you would like to read a more detailed description or sign up for the course, please see PhD Moodle.
This course applies primarily to Ph.D. student at the Doctoral School of Engineering and Science and AAU's Technical Doctoral School of IT and Design.
Notice - registration via PhD Moodle
Doctoral Schools at Aalborg University and Aalborg University Library
Room Darwin, Aalborg University Library, Langagervej 2, 9220 Aalborg Ø